Sunday, March 15, 2009

Oh, P.S.

So I'm wicked excited. May 3rd is coming up and you know what that means, it's the 41st Walk For Hunger and guess who's walking? This girl. And Corey. 

This year, I'm going bigger than ever and sent out all types of mail requesting donations to local businesses and figureheads. Seriously, I'm so proud of myself because the letters were well written (with colored paper) and I also included a self addressed prepaid envelope AND a fact sheet with all the local Merrimack Valley organizations helped by Project Bread. 

All this paper yielded this result:

Ow. It may not seem like much to you, but it hurts. :-(! Massive papercuts are not cool.

Like I said in an earlier post, my goal is $1200. Ever since I was little, I always wanted to give back to the community in a big way. And with the WFH, I can actually make a difference, which I'm really proud of.

The Mayor of Lowell, Bud Caulfield (I cash his checks at MB) even said he would donate. THE MAYOR OF LOWELL! He looked all excited when I said I was doing the WFH and he mentioned about how he raised $50k himself for the Merrimack Valley Food Bank. Wow. But he said he'd help, and that would mean everything to me, because every little bit counts.

But I also need your help. My goal this year is bigger than ever and I cannot do it alone (I would love to, but this whole working at MB thing makes me really poor. Hahah :-P). Please, if you have a chance, please visit my WFH website:


I personalized it, added pictures, the whole shebang. If you wish (and I hope you do) to donate, you can do it in three ways:
  1. My website takes credit cards
  2. I personally can take cash (seriously, anything, any little bit counts)
  3. I can personally take checks (made out to Project Bread please, not me) or you can mail them to my house. Since I seem to enjoy stalkers, here is my address you can send it to:
800 Broadway St #4
Lowell, MA 01854-3035

Your donation is both tax-deductible and feel-goodable. And I will be eternally grateful for your kind gesture to helping hungry people in Massachusetts. In this recession, sadly there are more than ever :-(

And please, do not let my nasty paper cut be for naught.                                                                                                                                                                                                       

No comments: