
I started the day off normal, went to Financial Accounting, the whole deal. Snapped this picture of Spike kneading my bed. Cute kitty :-). She was just purring away and digging her claws into my comforter, but hey if she's happy, I'm happy.

I had to work at 6pm at MB, so I took the bus, and on the dispatch I heard about a fire on Thorndike and Highland, right near the bus station. Being the inqusitive detective that I am, I rushed to the scene. I didn't have my usual Nikon Coolpix S560, so I had to make do with my cameraphone. Luckily it's 3 megapixels, so it came out pretty good.
The third floor looked to be on fire, and there was a hole in the roof with smoke pouring out. I figured it would be easily contained because of the quick response.

Just because I'm a curious person, does not mean I'm particularly very bright. Mind you it was 8 degrees outside and I did not wear my gloves, hat, or scarf. My hands and feet were quite pink and painful when I got back inside. Notice my $3 pants, nice comfy corduroy courtesy of half-off on Old Navy Clearance.
Back at the bus station, I waited patiently for my 5:40 Chelmford St bus, talking to a few people here and there about the fire. I found out by one woman that Paul Tsongas lived in that house! I started talking to this guy Nick about the fire. He was pretty nice.
Someone comes in and points out that the fire got worse, and many of the roads were closed off. Traffic was going through the bus station at that point, and buses were 45+ minutes late. I called my work, and spoke with Jess W., letting her know I was going to be late because of a massive housefire. Sat around some more. Nick apparently ran outside to go see the fire.
He came back, talked about 10 foot flames coming out of the roof. How could I NOT see what was going on? We wandered outside, spoke to a cop that was patrolling outside of the train station. I offered to buy him coffee because it was so cold out, but he declined saying he was used to it. He told me I should have dressed better and I agreed :-P. Because we were so nice, he let us get closer to the fire, but told us to just stay to the right and not interefere.

It was a bad fire alright :-(. Various people told me the house was collapsing and that it was a 5 alarm fire. However, the news article seems to refute this: http://www.lowellsun.com/ci_11637523?source=rss_viewed
Another article: http://www.lowellsun.com/portlet/article/html/imageDisplay.jsp?contentItemRelationshipId=2302640
Nick and I stood out there trying to get the best pictures, freezing in even colder temperatures. I couldn't take it anymore, and had to head back inside and wait for my bus. My hands hurt so bad, and my thumbs didn't even thaw for at least 15 minutes. Nick and I talked a bit more, and I mentioned I had to call Corey, so Corey and I discussed the fire a bit. I decided I should call work again and let them know the bus still wasn't here, so Liz picked me up from the station.
I said goodbye to Nick and said I'd see him around. And went off to work.

And then decided I was a pirate.
So, last night before Corey and I went to bed at an ungodly hour I received this Facebook message:
hey, yeah.. so i don't even know if i got the correct person... but i think i do. and yes, i do realize this seems pretty darn sketchy..but i figured i'd give it a shot.Oh. My. Goodness. I truly have no idea to react...
so yeah. hey. i might have met you tonight at the bus station, and you may or may not have made a decent impression on me.. and if you're who i think you are, i think you're pretty awesome.
here's hoping i dind't message some random girl.. lol
~Nick
How do I get myself into these things? My poor boyfriend, I'm too friendly for my own good :-P.
After that message, Corey and I had a really good discussion. He brought up how I joke about my "work boyfriends" or the guys that hit on me to his co-workers or friends and they are all horrified or worried. He mentioned that he knows how devoted to him I am and that he trusts me completely, so he has no fear or worry. I mentioned that I tell him everything because I know that he trusts me and I trust him. I joke about his "girlfriends" all the time, because I'm comfortable with him and trust him.
That's when you know you've hit the best part of your relationship. Full trust, no jealousy. No drama, just making it work and making it better. We're at different parts of our lives, with me in school and him working full-time, us making sacrifices to make us work. But we're worth it to each other.
I love him :-)
Speaking of school, I'm so screwed next year. I have to re-file the FAFSA for Fall 2009 once my dad is done his taxes... My part will be much better, because I only made $8k last year. But my dad? Well, with his regular wages and a inheritance that equaled his yearly pay... Loans are going to be harder to get this year, and I'll be getting zero financial aid. Not even federal subsidized loans I bet.
My dad has it really good, and in a lot of ways I'm jealous. With his inheritance, he paid off his house, his truck, his motorcycle, and has a lot of discretional income. He never got much of a party life when he was younger, and he recently admitted he spends $300+ a week at the bars.
With my college education, I just hope I can live much more comfortably than I am now...
I saw my grandma on Wednesday, and it was wonderful to see her! Next time I see her, she wants me to get all dolled up so she can get a really nice picture of me. She thinks I'm gorgeous :-).
Speaking of grandma, my cousin Katie got kicked out of her house by her dad last week. He also has a restraining order out against her because she threatened to kill him. I hate her, I'm not going to lie. This girl got handed EVERYTHING because she had an awful childhood. Abusive or neglectful parents messed her up bad. My grandmother bought her a car, college education, clothes... Katie just squandered and stole it all away. Her goal in life is to live on welfare and not have to work... I can't feel pity for her, because she doesn't have a grateful bone in her body. I just feel badly for my grandma, who tried everything she could to give her a better life...
No comments:
Post a Comment