I bought this for her because I know how much she likes to go out, and it's perfect for holding in your hand and dancing. You don't have to worry about where it is, because it's small enough you can carry the entire time and look very stylish doing it. I've been very lucky to be able to have gotten a few Coach items myself that I hold dear and near, and I wanted to get her first Coach item.
I have always tried to spoil my sister. We've both had tough lives and I am very blessed to be where I am now so I wanted to share my luck. Every holiday, I spend a large percentage (I work at Market Basket, what do you want, haha) of my paycheck to ensure she feels extra special.
Luckily for her, she was able to ensure she gets a free boat to school, a great deal on a car, and isn't required to pay for rent by her dad, and makes way more than me. So imagine my disappointment that she tells me she wasn't getting me anything. Like how she didn't get me anything ever for anything.
I feel awful that we had fought yet again, but after her very predictable public blog falsely accusing me of abusing her, well, you can just say I'm better off without her... I just might keep the mini skinny for myself :-)
5 comments:
Keep it as a reminder of what you do and don't want in your life. Besides, it will look WAY better in your hands! :)
wtf? why? thats so nice of you to post this in a very public area, and basicly saying that your sister never did anything for you. though i know for a fact that she has in the past, though it might not be up to your standards. she is your sister and doing things like this is just rude.
PS:
I believe that you both should work things out, she has a tendency to over react. from what I have seen, so do you. i think you both need to grow up. when everyone else is gone, all you have is family. she is your sister.
You know, I'm glad you pointed this out, that I'm posting this publicly. Call me angry, call me hurt, but hey, she posted an incredibly personal and nasty blog herself, on her Myspace accusing me of having our relationship be one sided and abusive. This blog? Nothing compared to what she did.
After all I've done for her, what she could have possibly done for me might just pale in comparison. She, uh, bought me dinner a couple times? Believe me, Anonymous, you can WTF all you want, but my friends and my real family who doesn't do such nasty, hurtful things, AND know exactly how I feel about my sister.
I'm glad and appreciate the fact that you have posted your opinion. I do have a tendency to overreact, but I'm not sure I have in this case. And no, I don't want to work things out, because you know what? You don't always have your family, when everything else is gone. I learned that the hard way, and I'm just appreciating the family that love me and know the great person I am. I tried to get in touch with her for seven years, and found that she was too much for me after a year. Sure that might say something about me, but I think, in more ways, says something about her.
To accuse me of ABUSE? Hah, that's not family, and that's not forgiveable.
Hope you do come back and stop by again - perhaps without the shield of anonymous? But hey, here's me, again, publicly saying it. It's cool though, my sister says she does it to her friends all the time and it's fine.
It's a nice Coach, isn't it?
This blog is one of your more interesting ones. All the others have been amusing and you seem to be a great girl... materialistic though. Are relationships really measured by what one gives? Do you give gifts expecting to receive? That is no way to live... This one stands out bc you seem to have such resentment and I hate to say it... jealousy. There is no comparison really between people- they are all different. All have different circumstances. If you want to be better than your sister, why "sink" to her level? Just a thought...
I will absolutely give you that there is jealousy involved - with school and school only. She gets a free boat, plus surplus, I get zip.
And that's it. Because this blog is still so new, I'm sure I do come off as very materialistic - I have shoes and Coach items on the first page.
But my problem with my sister is way more than material or about a Christmas present. It was one of the things that annoyed be about her, but I'm usually of the way that people will be who they are and I will accept them for who they are.
Coming right down to it, my sister and I are simply incompatible. She frequently needs to talk things out, and sometimes, at any expense. I am much more reserved, but once I trust you enough, you get to see the real me. I am a great listener, and I thoroughly enjoy helping others, but it comes to a point when it is too much.
She had too much to say, and never could listen. One of our last fights, I asked her why she was never there for me when I always made it a point to be there for her, and her response was that she had too much going on to give me any of her time, even though I have easily given her hours of my busy day listening to her boy problems and drama. Another sore point for me was when our grandfather died. Now she hadn't seen him in years, but I watched him die. He died right in front of me, and it messed me up.
I tried to talk to her about it, it was really hard for me to put my feelings out there and it was going really well. I stopped for a moment to compose myself and get something to drink and she decided it was appropriate to talk about how some boy thought she was cute and they were flirting. I did not intend to have a monopoly on the conversation, but to make it about her the very second I paused? It really hurt me and told me she just wasn't caring.
Yes, I hate my sister. I'm not going to lie. She accused me of only making the relationship about me, and not just that she said I was abusive towards her. Both are bull. I made it a point to be really good to her, because she had had it so tough, it's a smack in the face... All I ever wanted was for her to feel special, and for her to listen to me when I needed it. She, for whatever reason, refused to listen to me the rare times I needed it.
I opened my heart, my life, and my house to her. I spent much of my time and energy trying to help her feel better about her friends, her family, her boyfriends, and I got back zero in return. That hurts.
There was one time, one of our last fights, where she said she wanted me to be more honest with her. She's a brutally honest person, and said she could handle it. I pointed out that she was flashing the whole mall on her birthday with her handcut skirt and it offended myself and my boyfriend. I also mentioned that dressing like that can give people the wrong impression of her and sometimes might not see her for the great person she is... She flipped. Understandably, but after 2 hours we were on better terms and I helped her feel better. We even discussed how stressed she was... The next morning? Started up on me again, she didn't talk enough. I told her I needed space and time to recoup and she left a nasty voicemail saying she wasn't done talking to me and had more to say and I better hear it. I'm sorry, after 2-3 hours, how much more do you have to say?
I have always tried to make her feel special, because I know she's had a tough life and oftentimes has low self esteem. I helped her through many breakups, helping her feel better about herself. Anything she needed, I did for her. My boyfriend and I spent the whole day with her on her birthday, she had said it was one of her best. One day she missed me so bad she just showed up unannounced, we went to dinner, and she cried three times with happiness.
The relationship was much more fulfilling for her than it was for me. I was happy to have her possibly move in with me and my dad, as she was going to finally have her own space. I was looking into UML for her to transfer.
I think at the end of the day, I overextended myself and she "overtook" (I am very tired and can't think of a word :-P). I am not fully blaming her for our problems as I do have my own trust issues, but she did not want to work with me to get to a place where I could feel open with her.
What I am blaming her for? Sinking so low as to post a false and harmful blog about me. She purposely made her Myspace public, as well as the blog only to upset me. She didn't care that she had upset me so much that I had to leave the restaurant, no, she had to upset me more.
Sure, you can say I'm sinking to her level by pointing out what she's not getting for Christmas. I'm sure she's seen it and I'm sure I don't care.
I am trying my best to be more open with people and this blog is a great way for people to understand me a bit more. I will talk about heavy stuff sometimes, but post wise, I tried to keep it as general as possible. In the comments, obviously, I have failed. And I'm okay with that. You all deserve to understand what I mean, so you can understand how I operate as a person.
How do I work? I am selfless to a flaw. I donate too much money to charity. I gave too much of my time to multiple people who took advantage of me. You name it, I give. I even joked a couple times that I would give you the skin off my back if you needed it, not just my shirt.
I had never realized how much it hurt me. In therapy, I even said it was selfish to take time for myself, and that was an epiphany for me. I decided to cut out people who drained too much out of me if they did not work with the boundaries I needed, so I can finally take care of myself.
So I am trying. I am being more open and clear about what my needs are and I've been much happier. A friend I had to cut out did a 180 and now our friendship is much better. I'm just sorry that my sister decided to instead of trying to think more of my needs, decided that her needs were more important.
This has become a novel, as yes, I am incredibly frustrated. I feel used and like a doormat, and it's greatly upsetting to me that I had to ban my sister from my life after wishing and dreaming about having my little sister again. I would have forgiven her and moved on if it wasn't for that blog, and the accusation of abuse... But I can't. And now I am blogging about it :-P
Post a Comment